what would u do when u r out of bread and jam for breakfast?
arrrgghhh normally i opt for cekodok pisang or cucur bawang or cereal but why not trying out something else kan!
a muffin is a best choice to do lah since nak buatnya pun so easy peasy and since i need to clear up my apples yang menimbun tu, terjadi lah apple and raisins muffin nih ;-)
fresh from the oven!
love the taste and love the texture! so light and fluffy. i think must be from the buttermilk kot. i love those muffins yang ada buttermilk in it sebab the texture is soft and fluffy and tak macam traditional muffins tu.. i am not a muffin person so that’s why jarang buat muffin pasal tak suka the texture tu BUT now i tell u yang i dah fall in love with those muffins yang using buttermilk in their recipe! hikhik masih takmo tarik balik kata kata yang tak suka muffin tu ye!
anyway, enough of my suka and tak suka muffin tu ye!
here’s the recipe
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour, sifted ( saya guna tepung gandum and add 1 tsp baking powder)
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar (saya guna 1/2 cwn shj)
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk ( saya guna 1 cwn low fat milk campur dgn 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar – biar selama 10 minit)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 finely chopped pink lady apple, skin on (saya guna green apple)
- 1/2 cup (85g) raisins
Preheat oven to 180°C. Place flour and sugar in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, oil and cinnamon. Stir through apple and raisins.
Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 12-hole, 1/2 cup muffin pan, taking care not to overfill. Place in oven and bake for 20 –25 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or cold.