i love profiteroles, cream puffs, eclairs or whatever yang sewaktu dengannya lah :-)
sebab suka sangat makan profiteroles ni maka selalu teruja bila tengok rina slalu tayang profiroles dia tu and itu hari mintak resepi ngan dia hikhik..anyway boleh je guna resepi cream puff yang biasa tu tapi sebab rina slalu sangat jual profiterols ni mula lah keterujaan nak try her recipe pulak kan.
i tell you what, i love this so much…alaaa itu kata i yang memang suka makan cream puffs la…hubster and hasya tak heran sangat ngan profiteroles ni..sudahnya i makan sensorang and bawak sikit to my SIL’s house. lupa plak nak tanya dia suka ke tak..tkpe lah as long as i suka kan ;-)
hokkay, here’s the recipe… i just copy whatever rina email me..thanks dear!
1/2 Cup Butter
1 cup water (can substitute with full cream milk but i use water)
1 cup Pre-sifted Flour (i just used tepung gandum biasa + 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder)
1/4 tsp salt (i skipped this, coz i used salted butter)
4 eggs ( i used 2 grade A eggs)
Preheat oven at 170 C.
1. Place the butter and water in a heavy saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
2. Remove from heat and with a wooden spoon or spatula, quickly add the flour mixture. If you do not have self raising flour, please mix together the flour and the baking powder first.
3. Return to heat and stir constantly until it become a dough and then remove from heat and using your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer and beat on low speed a minute or two to release the steam from the dough. Once the dough is lukewarm start adding the lightly beaten eggs (a little at a time), keep beating until the liquid of the egg is completely soaked up by the dough before adding more egg. And continue to mix until you have a smooth thick paste.
4. Spoon or pipe ( i chose to pipe) dough on the baking tray. Spacing them a couple of inches apart.
5. Baked for 30 minutes until the shells are a nice amber colour and when split, are dry inside.
Whipped cream Filling:
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp granulated white sugar
* In a large mixing bowl place the whipping cream, vanilla extract, and sugar and whip the mixture until soft peaks form.
100ml fresh cream or double cream
125gm dark chocolate, chopped finely
a pinch of salt.
*In a double boiler, warm the cream until just at boiling point, add the chocolate & salt and stir. When all the chocolate has melted, remove for heat and continue stirring until all well mixed.
once you have piped the whipped cream into the profiteroles, pour the ganache on top and sprinkle with almond flakes on top