i buat shepherd’s pie ni dalam tergesa gesa sebab baru habis cuci rumah.
terasa penat and dah buntu nak makan apa, so i just made something yang simple je
lagipun shepherd’s pie ni one of my other half punya favorite :-)
sebab tergesa gesa, i main tempek je mashed potato tu..takde lah nak hias bagai
tapi kalu mashed potato tu kita buat swirl lagi sedap di makan tau! well, lain kali lah i buat swirl tu ye :-D
recipe ni i amik from blogresepi :-)
mintak izin ye nak tampal kat sini jugak ;)
okay here’s the recipe , happy trying
- 1 large onions, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 1/2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 500 gm minced lamb ( i used beef)
- 50 gm mushrooms, thinly sliced-or in can
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 generous tablespoon of chili paste
- 1/2 cube of chicken stock
- olive oil/oil
- For mashed potato topping:
- 500 gm potatoes, peeled
- 75 gm butter
- 4 tablespoon of milk
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 25 gm Parmesan cheese, grated
- Olive oil
- Pre- heat the oven to 200°C.
- Prepare the meat:
- Heat up olive oil/oil in a saucepan and fry the onions, garlic, carrots until golden. In a separate pan, heat up 2 tablespoon of oil and cook the minced meat until browned, stirring constantly to break up the meat and ensure it cooks evenly. When the mince is browned and all water has drain off, add the chilli paste and tomato puree. Cook for about 5 min. Add the mushroom, chicken cube and salt, stir well. Finally, add the carrot and onion mixture and constantly stirring for about 5-10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Prepare the mashes potatoes:
- Boil the potatoes and cook for about 20 minutes until softened. Drain and cover with a lid to steam ‘dry’ and reduce any excess moisture. Add the butter and milk and mash thoroughly, grate half the parmesan into the potato and mix well. Don’t allow the potato to become too wet or they won’t crisp up nicely in the oven. Season.
- Prepare the shepherd’s pie for baking:
- Place the meat into an ovenproof container. Spoon/pipe the potato mixture over the meat, sprinkle with the remaining parmesan and finish with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden.
very easy peasy kan!!
do try out okay !