saw these cookies at Yat’s place…heheh that’s why i named them after her :-D
was so scared to tried this recipe as i’m not very good at baking cookies..every time i tried, the end result is well…hmmm a DISASTER okay ;-)
tak tau lah salah i ke salah oven ke salah mixer ke but i always blamed it to the oven kehkeh! suka hati i je kan nak blame oven i yang buruk tuh ;-)
anyway, thanks a bunch to Yat for the recipe
the cookies is soo good sampaikan kejap je dah tinggal quarter je :-)
well, i’m glad i tried this recipe..heheh after this, boleh lah i explore cookies lain pulak! ye tak?
okay, here's the recipe, i copy n paste je from Yat’s place and she got it from Puan Nigella..
125g dark chocolate, minimum 70% cocoa solids
30g cocoa, sieved
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
125g soft butter
75g light brown sugar
50g white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg, cold from the fridge
350g (2 bags) semi-sweet chocolate morsels or dark chocolate chips (i dont have enuff, hence the sproradic chips...he..he)
Serving Size : Makes 12
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/gas mark 3. Melt the 125g dark chocolate either in the microwave or in a heatproof dish over a pan of simmering water.
2. Put the flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a bowl.
3. Cream the butter and sugars in another bowl. (I use my freestanding mixer, itself an odd source of comfort to me.) Add the melted chocolate and mix together.
4. Beat in the vanilla extract and cold egg, and then mix in the dry ingredients. Finally stir in the chocolate morsels or chips.
5. Scoop out 12 equal-sized mounds – an ice cream scoop and a palette knife are the best tools for the job – and place on a lined baking sheet about 6cm apart. Do not flatten them. (i pun ikut yat jugak, gatal betul tangan i ni nak pi flatten jugak..so, the cookies tu macam nipis sikit tp still crunchy :-) )
6. Cook for 18 minutes, testing with a cake tester to make sure it comes out semi-clean and not wet with cake batter. If you pierce a chocolate chip, try again.
7. Leave to cool slightly on the baking sheet for 4–5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack to harden as they cool.
ini dia cookies i tuh…ooops ianya tidaklah secantik Yat punya ye! first time hokkay, tunggu i buat lagi ye and nanti i tayang lagi ye :-D
tengok tu hitam belegam je rupanya :-D
hah this one is much much better right?