patutnya ada glaze on top of the cake tu sebab namanya lemon drizzle cake tapi atas sebab si pembuatnya tersilap amik gula maka glaze tu tak menjadi and dah termasuk dalam cake tu ;-)
nasib baik kesedapannya masih terasa hikhik… i teramik icing sugar instead of sugar biasa tu..sebab tu lah the glaze tu jadi cair je. bila tuang tu baru perasan yg tersilap, so biarkan aje sebab takut termanis pulak if i buat another batch of glaze tu
anyway, i love this lemon cake so much! so gebu and moist..err the texture tu lebih kurang macam sicilian orange cake tuuuuu… so this is definitely my kind of cake heheh ;-)
here’s the recipe
source: nigela as posted by emilystar
Ingredients (saya buat separuh adunan je)
- 225g Unsalted Butter (i use anchor)
- 225g Caster Sugar
- 3 medium free-range eggs (saya guna sebiji telur gred A)
- 150ml Milk (low fat milk)
- 225g Self-Raising Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 large Lemons
- 100g Granulated Sugar
- Preheat oven to 170C Fan oven/ 190C/ Gas Mark 5, and butter/line a square baking tin approx 20x20cm (can be slightly bigger).
- Cream butter and caster sugar together in a large mixing bowl, until pale and fluffy. Then beat in the eggs one at a time. At the milk and mix in, don't worry if it looks weird at this stage!
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into the bowl then fold into the rest of the mixture until mixed completely. Zest both lemons into the bowl and mix together.
- Scrape all the mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake for 27-30mins. When cake is golden and shrinking slightly from the sides, or a skewer comes out clean, run a knife around the edge and prick the cake with skewer at about 2cm intervals.
- Combine juice of 2 lemons with the golden granulated sugar and stir to evenly distribute, then spoon all over the top of the cake.
- leave to cool and the juice to sink into the sponge. Cut into 14-16 squares and enjoy :)