this is one of hasya’s feveret lunch and bila dah jadi dia punya lunch maka mommy tumpang skali for mommy’s brunch ;-)
ya lah kan…tetiba after breakfast tu dia suh buatkan apple pie sebab nak taruk dalam lunch box ke kindie..and bmommy akan tumpang makan skali sebab tak tahan dengan aroma bau apple yang baru keluar from oven tu
sebab ni, untuk hasya bawak ke kindie, so i buat sikit je and guna readymade pastry puff je..
okay, here’s the recipe
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups water
- 4 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- Combine the lemon and 4 cups water in a large bowl. Place the sliced apples in the water to keep them from browning. ( i tk buat buat pun this step sebab buat sikit, so dah potong apple terus masuk periuk dah)
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Drain water from apples, and place them into the hot skillet. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes. Add brown sugar, and cinnamon, and cook, stirring, for 2 more minutes. Stir together cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water. Pour into the skillet, and mix well. Cook for another minute, or until sauce has thickened. Remove from heat to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Unfold puff pastry sheets, and repair any cracks by pressing them back together. Trim each sheet into a square. Then cut each larger square into 4 smaller squares. Spoon apples onto the center of each squares. Fold over from corner to corner into a triangle shape, and press edges together to seal. Place turnovers on a baking sheet, leaving about 1 inch between them.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until turnovers are puffed and lightly browned. Cool completely before glazing.
- To make the glaze, mix together the confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla in a small bowl. Adjust the thickness by adding more sugar or milk if necessary. Drizzle glaze over the cooled turnovers. (yang ni pun tak buat sebab tak sempat and hasya tk suka)